Fox was in town this weekend! But unfortunately, I had to work the weekend so we couldn't have our lazy wake up late and have an amazing breakfast weekend. Instead, I got to work super early on Friday am and came home in time to make brunch! I made the usual pancakes and sliced up some cantaloupe, but then I experimented.
Part of my slow transition to Paleo is eat more protein in general. I love carbs. Love, love, LOVE carbs. So I've been scoping out the interwebs in search of recipes and easy ways to incorporate more protein. Bacon & Egg Cups. Hmm...we like bacon and eggs aren't so terrible. So here's the finished product:
I cooked the bacon slightly in a regular skillet. Then I placed one piece of bacon around the inside of the silicon cupcake molds. Next I cracked an organic brown egg inside the bacon. Bake for about 25 minutes and hurrah bacon cups! Definitely let them sit on a paper towel once you pop them out as they are a little bit greasy.
Here's the picture of Fox's brunch plate:
So some thoughts.
While I loved the silicon baking cups, I did not enjoy cleaning egg out of the ridges. I would suggest baking cups that are smooth (if they make those) or the large scalloped edge ones. Or just use your actual muffin/cupcake pan.
Second, these tasted just like eggs with bacon. I need more kapow than that. My next attempt might be some scrambled egg concoction with spinach and mushrooms - kinda quiche-like.
I'll do some more tweaking and let you guys know how the next batch turns out!
Part of my slow transition to Paleo is eat more protein in general. I love carbs. Love, love, LOVE carbs. So I've been scoping out the interwebs in search of recipes and easy ways to incorporate more protein. Bacon & Egg Cups. Hmm...we like bacon and eggs aren't so terrible. So here's the finished product:
I cooked the bacon slightly in a regular skillet. Then I placed one piece of bacon around the inside of the silicon cupcake molds. Next I cracked an organic brown egg inside the bacon. Bake for about 25 minutes and hurrah bacon cups! Definitely let them sit on a paper towel once you pop them out as they are a little bit greasy.
Here's the picture of Fox's brunch plate:
So some thoughts.
While I loved the silicon baking cups, I did not enjoy cleaning egg out of the ridges. I would suggest baking cups that are smooth (if they make those) or the large scalloped edge ones. Or just use your actual muffin/cupcake pan.
Second, these tasted just like eggs with bacon. I need more kapow than that. My next attempt might be some scrambled egg concoction with spinach and mushrooms - kinda quiche-like.
I'll do some more tweaking and let you guys know how the next batch turns out!

No comments:
Post a Comment