Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Diet and Fitness-ish.

A back story. 
 In May I signed up for the St. Jude Half Marathon in December in Memphis, TN. Since I got into running half marathons, I decided to always sign up for that one in particular because A) it is usually my ideal running weather and B) it is benefiting an amazing cause. Then, for our 30th birthdays, a friend and I decided to also sign up for the New Orleans Marathon here in New Orleans in March - a WEEK before my 30th birthday. *headdesk* I always said I wanted to run at least one full before I hang up my running shoes, so I decided to take on a flat, fast course close to home (in case I attempt to die) and for a milestone birthday.

Since that decision, wrote out my training plane from May 2011 until March 2012. I've been hitting the gym at least 4 days a week.  Mainly working on building some lean muscle, hitting up the stairmaster for some cross training, and some yogaX for some flexibility.  Mid-July I started my maintenance running of running low mileage daily - I destroyed my knee. Running 5 miles in Nike throwbacks isn't the smartest thing to do, lesson learned. So I focused on weights and yoga for the next 2 weeks and now we're up to date.

Present Time - Fitness.
Yesterday, I weighed myself and took all of my measurements.  I noticed that I lost about 17 pounds since September 2010, but I never see a difference. So now, I'm going by numbers.  If anyone reading this wants to know how to take your own measurements, read this. Make sure to do your right and left, depending on your dominance, you might have a slight difference. So I made my target marathon weight and to get there I have to lose roughly 2 - 4 pounds a month.  Not bad at all.  I know it will take a while since I will be decreasing fat and increasing muscle - hence why I took my numbers.

Present Time - Diet.
Being a registered dietitian, one would think I have my diet on lock-down - and if you ask some of my friends, I totally do. But those of you fitness minded people know that I do not.  I eat my calorie range and I might only go about 400kcals above it on my cheat days, but my calories are taken up by crap.  I have a major sweet tooth. Like today, I was a beast in the gym and at home. I came home and ate cookies for dinner. I needed to get them out of the house and I ate them at 6pm and that's all I'm eating. I'm working on eating more protein, less sugary carbs and eating most of my calories before I leave work/gym.

Since I was off yesterday, I made all my meals for the week - protein shakes, snacks, lunches, dinners...did it all! So I'll be good for a week at least. My hard work will have a better outcome if I actually stick to my diet.  This means cutting back on my alcohol consumption, which isn't much mind you.  I just can't do the 2 for 1 Margs, I need to learn to share. On that note, I'm off to make diet plans and grocery notes for the next month or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment